Skip to main content

Viktoria Komova news


Viktoria is in the news in Russia at the moment.  There is this TV interview in which she discusses her injury, the future, and her team mates.  Can anyone translate?  https://youtu.be/kgKnkP-HY0g

Our kind Anonymous contributor tells me that Vika says she has "Грыжa и протрузия позвоночника"  which I think means she has a herniated, or bulging, disc in her spine.  Ouch.

In an interview with Albert Starodubtsev, Valentina Rodionenko says that Viktoria is travelling to Munich on 20th July.  Viktoria says that if the doctors say they cannot help her, she will retire.  

Source - http://tass.ru/sport/3445591

Other news

Maria Kharenkova is back training in Lake Krugloye, again thanks to Anonymous.  The 2014 European beam champion has been suffering leg pain.

I am also told by a private (unofficial) source that Tatiana Nabiyeva is back training on the national team again.  After her improved performances at Russia Cup, this is well deserved. (Thanks, Jared!)

Good luck to all the returning athletes!  Your efforts will be very important to the team.

 


Comments

  1. Hi
    I got most of the interview, I had trouble with hearing the interview questions, but Vika's answers were clear. It took place before The Cup.
    I am not leaving now – I need to restore my health and look further. Will continue if I am well.
    If not – regretfully will have to leave (quit). All athletes have traumas, like hernia, protrusion. In my case, regretfully, it prevents from training. Treatment did not work, nothing worked. I had a trauma, and 6 months after the Olympics my back started hurting. My coach thought of it as the result of growth – height, weight. Protrusion must have been before. The back started hurting, and still hurts. Of course, we tried everything: manual therapy, acupuncture, shots, and regretfully, nothing worked.
    I will work out the trip to Germany. They will look there and may suggest treatment

    We have our own Gela Milinkovic, she is very well prepared; also Sedan, a very good athlete. Dashka Spiridonova, World Bar Champion. A very good gymnast.
    I am going to the Russia Cup, look at everyone, had not seen them for a long time, hope they added on (improved). Of course, watching gymnastics. When I came to Penza, they sent hello, a card.
    We miss each other – so many years together, now in different places. I will go and support as much as I cane.
    Now I am finishing up college, one more year. Thinking of coaching. Now honestly, not thinking about it- let’s say I was not ready for this. May be I will coach, but worried will not be able to do well. I have Avery good coach who will help with advice.

    I look at everyone – some for artistry, elegance, beauty. It was our strength, but Americans had jumps and were strong. Yes, gymnastics has a lot of difficult moves.
    Yes, made mistakes. The vault in the Olympic did not come out. I would have returned and stopped paying attention to sores and fought f or the medals, Forgive everyone, but my health is more important. In my career, I did a lot, now is the time to take care of my health.
    _ If they take me, of course I will go (presumably to Rio) to cheer for the girls.
    Now with everyone happiness and health.
    Hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly does help! Many thanks, Maryam X

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Virtual tour of Lake Krugloye

Ksenia from Russia wrote to me as follows : 'I decided to write about a little update on this site .  Suddenly you do not know but you may be interested in "The virtual gym" where you can see the training center for gymnastics at the "Round Lake" A very interesting thing if you want to look into what's inside.' She is right - it is fascinating - with tours of both the men's and women's gyms, pictures of the coaches and gymnasts, and all the different areas, including a reception with displays of awards and the rehabilitation and recovery facilities.  Take some time to click on the arrows and try out all of the different features.  It is in Russian but the tools are reasonably intuitive and if you have a basic grasp of the Cyrillic alphabet you can make sense of the whole. Scrolling round the panorama makes me feel a little bit dizzy and also gives a slightly distorted perspective to some of the views, which I think is a characteristic...

Simone and the others - results and reflections

In the end, it was as predicted : Simone and the others, with Simone's teammate, Alexandra Raisman, providing the back up.  I do not need to point out that, by definition, the Americans are scoring significantly higher marks than the rest of the field.  Congratulations to them! Aliya Mustafina finished in third place.  The 2012 bronze medalist led the competition after vault and uneven bars, but had a very nervous outing on beam that might have taken a less experienced gymnast out of the medals.  A bravura performance on floor brought Aliya back though to confirm her third place all around.  From her senior debut in 2010 to today, Mustafina has continuously set high standards of grace.    It is the first time since 2000 that a gymnast (Amanar) has medalled in the all around at two consecutive Olympics, and  if Aliya can medal on Saturday's uneven bars final, she will once again be Russia's biggest medal winner of the women's gymnastics.  Russ...

Viktoria Komova - apology

Viktoria wrote some hasty words last night in the heat of the moment.  We all have such times, when hurt feelings lead us to behave uncharacteristically.  It is not important what she said; it is important that Vika has reflected and wants us all to read this message which she published on VK.com this morning. "Dear friends! I want to apologize for my statements about American girls, about drugs, all my words were spoken on emotions. Of course I haven't any proof and didn't really mean it and so on... I am so sorry. I want to apologize for my character to all of you". Vika, we are still with you every step of the way.

RRG Archive - scroll by date, from 2024 to 2010

Show more