Skip to main content

Tickets!!!



Queen Elizabeth would like to announce ...

That she has tickets!! 

Assiduous searching of the London 2012 website finally paid off.   I will be in the North Greenwich arena tomorrow, equipped with my inhaler, ready to shout as loud as anyone ever thought possible.  I will try to tweet, but it's likely my hands will be shaking quite a lot.






One Queen knows another, and our Queen Mustafina needs some celebration ... this girl is the spirit of the Russian team - God help her and her colleagues tomorrow as they begin their defence of Russia's gymnastics pride.


UDACHI Russia!!!  All the luck in the world - you deserve it!!!


Comments

  1. WOW so AMAZING for you :) I am already nervous for the girls! davai davai Russia!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you are so lucky, cheer for all of us fans who couldn't be there. I hope they do really well.

    Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope the boys have lifted good spirits for these girls. GO RUSSIA!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lucky you! I will be cheering in front of the television. Hope they do well. Go Russia! the olympic title is yours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Go Russia
    Fight for the team final!

    Elvira

    ReplyDelete
  6. :) GO RUSSIA!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Who really won the WAG All Around?

You will find a link to the FIG's newly published book of results at the Olympic Games here .  This year, they have broken down the judge's execution scores so you can see exactly how each judge evaluated the gymnasts' performances.  It makes for interesting reading - if only I had more time to analyse each judge's marking.  A skim reading already highlights multiple inconsistencies in individual judges' marks and makes you wonder why they bother with the jury at all. I have taken the time to look at the reference judges' scores for the top four in the women's all around.  The FIG explains here what their role is, and how they are selected.  I even used my calculator, which is a risky thing in my hands.  My, how I wish we could have seen a similar document for the Tokyo World Championships. I wonder if anyone can explain how, if the FIG's Code of Points is so objective and fair, it is possible to come up with two different results using two differ...

Aliya Mustafina - 'each medal is very special'

'I'm very happy that everything turned out well today  ... Each medal is very special.  The UK team made mistakes, so there was a wide margin [of victory]... But naturally, [what I did] is not enough for the Olympics.  I prepared well for beam and bars but I am not ready for floor, I stepped up to help the team. ... To be honest, I did not look at the scores [when asked how the team reacted to the 6.5 gap before the final apparatus].  Gelya (Melnikova) is a good girl, she did everything and did not falter ... Seda fell on quite a complex element.  There is more work to do, but everything else went well.' [About a protest taken by the coaches on her beam score]. 'I am used to my protests being rejected, everything is normal!' Via vk.com I n other news , the UEG has confirmed that Spiridonova will replace Melnikova in tomorrow's bars final. No reason is given, but it is generally considered that Dasha has a better chance of gold.  This decision also means tha...

Mustering up that musty magic

Moments after qualifying for the team, AA and UB finals, Aliya gave a short interview to Elena Vaitsekhovskaya for Sports Express.  The accompanying pictures tell as much as the words. Asked about her fall from beam, Aliya said, 'I have forgotten about it already.  There is no point in remembering it.' 'It was very hard waiting for the competition to begin; I could only just bear it.  Every morning, I wake up with the same thought, wanting it all to be over as quickly as possible,' said Aliya. Asked about her bars performance, where she scored the highest of all to date, Aliya said, 'Can I tell you a secret?  It was me who did it!'      Team captain, consoling a disappointed Angelina Melnikova     The life of a champion is essentially a solitary one, when it comes to the hard moments of competition.     Seda Tutkhalyan is the top Russian qualifier in the AA Source - Sports Express.ru

RRG Archive - scroll by date, from 2024 to 2010

Show more