Skip to main content

Update - BBC TV coverage, WAG European Gymnastics Championships

More information is now available about the BBC's coverage of the upcoming European Championships. In addition to the red button transmissions which I listed earlier (details repeated below) there is now also terrestrial TV on BBC1 on Saturday 19th May.


Red button :

Saturday 12th May 14.00 - 16.30 European Team Gymnastics

Sunday 13th May 12.45 - 16.30 European Team Gymnastics (12.45-16.00 on Freeview)

BBC1 :

Saturday 19th May, 14.30 - 16.30

Do please check these details in your local guides and make sure you are not missing out; they may be incomplete, or the timings may change.  I'm afraid that the information given on the BBC website is minimal - I will take a guess that the red button on Saturday and Sunday will cover Team Finals (Saturday) and EF (Sunday) live.  There may be some repeats or highlights factored in, explaining the rather long duration on the Sunday.

The BBC's website does not suggest that the live red button programmes will be available terrestrially and I would be grateful if you could keep your eyes open for this and post updates in comments - I will be doing the same!

The Saturday 19th May coverage will most probably be a two hour highlights package.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Simone and the others - results and reflections

In the end, it was as predicted : Simone and the others, with Simone's teammate, Alexandra Raisman, providing the back up.  I do not need to point out that, by definition, the Americans are scoring significantly higher marks than the rest of the field.  Congratulations to them! Aliya Mustafina finished in third place.  The 2012 bronze medalist led the competition after vault and uneven bars, but had a very nervous outing on beam that might have taken a less experienced gymnast out of the medals.  A bravura performance on floor brought Aliya back though to confirm her third place all around.  From her senior debut in 2010 to today, Mustafina has continuously set high standards of grace.    It is the first time since 2000 that a gymnast (Amanar) has medalled in the all around at two consecutive Olympics, and  if Aliya can medal on Saturday's uneven bars final, she will once again be Russia's biggest medal winner of the women's gymnastics.  Russ...

Virtual tour of Lake Krugloye

Ksenia from Russia wrote to me as follows : 'I decided to write about a little update on this site .  Suddenly you do not know but you may be interested in "The virtual gym" where you can see the training center for gymnastics at the "Round Lake" A very interesting thing if you want to look into what's inside.' She is right - it is fascinating - with tours of both the men's and women's gyms, pictures of the coaches and gymnasts, and all the different areas, including a reception with displays of awards and the rehabilitation and recovery facilities.  Take some time to click on the arrows and try out all of the different features.  It is in Russian but the tools are reasonably intuitive and if you have a basic grasp of the Cyrillic alphabet you can make sense of the whole. Scrolling round the panorama makes me feel a little bit dizzy and also gives a slightly distorted perspective to some of the views, which I think is a characteristic...

Viktoria Komova - apology

Viktoria wrote some hasty words last night in the heat of the moment.  We all have such times, when hurt feelings lead us to behave uncharacteristically.  It is not important what she said; it is important that Vika has reflected and wants us all to read this message which she published on VK.com this morning. "Dear friends! I want to apologize for my statements about American girls, about drugs, all my words were spoken on emotions. Of course I haven't any proof and didn't really mean it and so on... I am so sorry. I want to apologize for my character to all of you". Vika, we are still with you every step of the way.

RRG Archive - scroll by date, from 2024 to 2010

Show more