Ksenia from Russia wrote to me as follows : 'I decided to write about a little update on this site . Suddenly you do not know but you may be interested in "The virtual gym" where you can see the training center for gymnastics at the "Round Lake" A very interesting thing if you want to look into what's inside.' She is right - it is fascinating - with tours of both the men's and women's gyms, pictures of the coaches and gymnasts, and all the different areas, including a reception with displays of awards and the rehabilitation and recovery facilities. Take some time to click on the arrows and try out all of the different features. It is in Russian but the tools are reasonably intuitive and if you have a basic grasp of the Cyrillic alphabet you can make sense of the whole. Scrolling round the panorama makes me feel a little bit dizzy and also gives a slightly distorted perspective to some of the views, which I think is a characteristic...
Reporting and analysing Russian gymnastics since 2010. Includes original and exclusive interviews with leading coaches and gymnasts, and historical issues dating back to the Soviet Union. The first blog to report extensively on the sport using Russian language sources. I read, I argue, and I have opinions. Be warned.
Nice little interview. I always liked her.
ReplyDeleteHere is an interesting interview with Aliya and it seems her dad as well. If Lupita ever gets a chance to translate it that would be great :), even if it's only Musty's parts. From what I understand from google translate she had back pain from middle of february and all of March. Also seems she was to only do vault and UB. However, I am not sure.
ReplyDeleteHere is the link http://summer.sport-express.ru/gymnastics/reviews/24055/
Sad story to her as both her parents are dead and she is an only child but she has turned out really well, she's soo pretty. What an enjoyable gymnast she was to watch
ReplyDelete