Skip to main content

Listunova interview

 Google translate from VK.com - 


Match TV talked to Victoria Listunova about the Olympic summer without participating in the Games, recovery, and memories of Tokyo three years later. We are copying several fragments, and the full interview is available on the Match TV website


❓ Victoria, how are you feeling? How was your recovery from the injury? Was it an old problem or some kind of force majeure?


💬 The injury may have been cumulative, it was not immediately revealed, I am now trying to train in the same volume as before. I am restoring my program. It took a long time for rehabilitation. From April until mid-summer, I was completely without loads, so that the injury would heal and never bother me again.


But it is not like I was resting all summer. I was constantly present at the training camps, went through all the recovery procedures. At first there was complete rest, then I trained as much as possible without pain. So there were trainings, but in a minimal mode.


In the summer I went to the BRICS Games, unfortunately, not as a participant, but I was part of the delegation. I am grateful to the federation that they did this for me. So there was no rest from sports, I just worked without heavy loads, abrupt movements.


Now the first starts, we will see what happens next, the program is not yet fully assembled, but you have to start somewhere.


❓ You participated in streams during the Olympics. Did you like it?

💬 It was an interesting experience - to watch, to communicate with other people who love gymnastics.


❓ What do you remember most from the events of the Olympics in gymnastics?

💬 I was very impressed by the Algerian, who won on the uneven bars with incredible difficulty. I liked the victory of Rebecca Andrade: everyone was betting on Simone Biles, but she made a lot of mistakes and came in second. I liked the performance of the Italian on the balance beam. Overall, the finalists in various disciplines impressed. There was intrigue everywhere.


❓ How did your Olympics stick in your head? Like a children's fairy tale? After all, you were only 16 years old, it's a different perception.

💬 I guess I appreciate it more now. When I was at the Olympics, I didn't attach much importance to it, I had a calm feeling - we had been going for a long time to get here and there was nothing to worry about.


📌Full version of the interview https://matchtv.ru/gimnastika/matchtvnews_NI2148611_Vspominaju_Olimpiadu_v_Tokio_teper_bolshe_cenu_etot_moment_Intervju_gimnastki_Listunovoj

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mustafina, Melnikova and Afanasyeva - Russia’s three divas train together to the tunes of Michael Jackson

M elnikova, Mustafina and Afanasyeva take creative control at Round Lake.     You can see the video on Angelina Melnikova’s YouTube channel. They are discussing a new floor routine for Angelina; she wants to dance to Michael Jackson. Afanasyeva, 2012 Olympic medalist and a world champion on the floor, has been a choreographer for the national team for a few years now.    She says, ‘Gel, first we need to understand the plan—what we’re actually doing.’ They discuss how many tumbles Angelina will perform, and where the tumbles will come in the routine.    Angelina says, she likes ‘Billie Jean’, it’s her favourite … But Afanasyeva has other ideas, linking into the dance shapes she has seen in a video: ‘Thriller . Start with  Thriller . It begins with that image, right from the beginning when it starts.’    She shows us the dance. ‘I suggest taking a 1.5-minute or 1-minute segment of the dance directly.’ They promise to be in touch by email. ...

Andrei Rodionenko explains Russia's performance at Worlds - Lupitatranslates

Rodionenko with European Champion David Belyavski  Courtesy RGF/Elena Mikhailova This is the interview that many people on the internet have already commented on, regarding Andrei Rodionenko's alleged racism.  The original, Russian language version, appears on VTB Bank's website (VTB are sponsors of Russian gymnastics).  It takes cleverer people than me to decide what is racism, what is deliberately perjorative, and what is inferred in an interviewer's question.  For now, I will not comment on this, therefore, but I would ask you to read Lupita's translation carefully before you form your own opinion.   I am providing some links below which might help you to decide where you stand. Definition of racism Definition of sexism BBC Sport article by Matthew Syed : Is it wrong to note that 100m winners are always black?            Updated 24/10 CSKA Moscow: UEFA opens racist chants case         ...

Simone and the others - results and reflections

In the end, it was as predicted : Simone and the others, with Simone's teammate, Alexandra Raisman, providing the back up.  I do not need to point out that, by definition, the Americans are scoring significantly higher marks than the rest of the field.  Congratulations to them! Aliya Mustafina finished in third place.  The 2012 bronze medalist led the competition after vault and uneven bars, but had a very nervous outing on beam that might have taken a less experienced gymnast out of the medals.  A bravura performance on floor brought Aliya back though to confirm her third place all around.  From her senior debut in 2010 to today, Mustafina has continuously set high standards of grace.    It is the first time since 2000 that a gymnast (Amanar) has medalled in the all around at two consecutive Olympics, and  if Aliya can medal on Saturday's uneven bars final, she will once again be Russia's biggest medal winner of the women's gymnastics.  Russ...

RRG Archive - scroll by date, from 2024 to 2010

Show more