Skip to main content

Aliya Mustafina - 'Coaches gave her a holiday' - Valentina Rodionenko


Via Tass and the RGF, Valentina Rodionenko has now confirmed that multiple Olympic, World, Universiade and European gold medallist Aliya Mustafina was granted a short break during January 2014 and will return to training in February. 'Aliya is a student and has exams', said Rodionenko, 'we allowed her to devote the whole of January to herself'.  

Rodionenko acknowledged that Mustafina had worked throughout the whole of the post-Olympic year.

Comments

  1. I have a feeling that Valentina will use this excuse to get rid of Aliya. I hope I might be wrong, but this woman clearly doesn't like Aliya, which to be honest I don't get. What has Aliya done to deserve her hate? Is she envious or what? I also didn't see Raisa Ganina, Aliya's coach, on the list that you have post it. Strange, but I've got a bad feeling about this...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had confirmation from a reliable source that Aliya, Komova, Afan and Grishina are in training at Lake Krugloye currently. Maria Kharenkova is being considered for Aeuropeans.

    Aliya herself says that her goals this year are to compete at Euros and Worlds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What about Shelgunova( or how do you write her name)? I mean she's 16.

      Delete
    2. Heard nothing. She is on the senior national team. Perhaps she just isn't good enough for special mention. There are several more gymnasts on the team and we can't have updates on them all.

      Delete
    3. I also think Mustafina will take a break this year or next for her studies, and Valentina will make it hard for her to return for Rio.

      Delete
    4. There is no evidence to support this idea. Aliya has said she wants to compete at Euros and Worlds this year. Don't grant Valentina the power to stand in her way.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Virtual tour of Lake Krugloye

Ksenia from Russia wrote to me as follows : 'I decided to write about a little update on this site .  Suddenly you do not know but you may be interested in "The virtual gym" where you can see the training center for gymnastics at the "Round Lake" A very interesting thing if you want to look into what's inside.' She is right - it is fascinating - with tours of both the men's and women's gyms, pictures of the coaches and gymnasts, and all the different areas, including a reception with displays of awards and the rehabilitation and recovery facilities.  Take some time to click on the arrows and try out all of the different features.  It is in Russian but the tools are reasonably intuitive and if you have a basic grasp of the Cyrillic alphabet you can make sense of the whole. Scrolling round the panorama makes me feel a little bit dizzy and also gives a slightly distorted perspective to some of the views, which I think is a characteristic...

Mustafina, Melnikova and Afanasyeva - Russia’s three divas train together to the tunes of Michael Jackson

M elnikova, Mustafina and Afanasyeva take creative control at Round Lake.     You can see the video on Angelina Melnikova’s YouTube channel. They are discussing a new floor routine for Angelina; she wants to dance to Michael Jackson. Afanasyeva, 2012 Olympic medalist and a world champion on the floor, has been a choreographer for the national team for a few years now.    She says, ‘Gel, first we need to understand the plan—what we’re actually doing.’ They discuss how many tumbles Angelina will perform, and where the tumbles will come in the routine.    Angelina says, she likes ‘Billie Jean’, it’s her favourite … But Afanasyeva has other ideas, linking into the dance shapes she has seen in a video: ‘Thriller . Start with  Thriller . It begins with that image, right from the beginning when it starts.’    She shows us the dance. ‘I suggest taking a 1.5-minute or 1-minute segment of the dance directly.’ They promise to be in touch by email. ...

Andrei Rodionenko explains Russia's performance at Worlds - Lupitatranslates

Rodionenko with European Champion David Belyavski  Courtesy RGF/Elena Mikhailova This is the interview that many people on the internet have already commented on, regarding Andrei Rodionenko's alleged racism.  The original, Russian language version, appears on VTB Bank's website (VTB are sponsors of Russian gymnastics).  It takes cleverer people than me to decide what is racism, what is deliberately perjorative, and what is inferred in an interviewer's question.  For now, I will not comment on this, therefore, but I would ask you to read Lupita's translation carefully before you form your own opinion.   I am providing some links below which might help you to decide where you stand. Definition of racism Definition of sexism BBC Sport article by Matthew Syed : Is it wrong to note that 100m winners are always black?            Updated 24/10 CSKA Moscow: UEFA opens racist chants case         ...

RRG Archive - scroll by date, from 2024 to 2010

Show more