Skip to main content

Queen Mustafina - March 2011 floor exercise

I provide here a link to a Youtube video of Queen Mustafina's March 2011 floor exercise, so that people can marvel at the 3.5 twist. It's unlike me to highlight a single skill in a routine, because gymnastics is about so much more.



Here's a link to the video on Youtube with thanks to the poster, Itsnastiafan101.

I gather her bars and beam were pretty ground breaking, too, and of course she performs one of the most difficult vaults around as well. With that posture, artistry and amplitude, a true all arounder.

Comments

  1. i think we may see a quad in the next few years. Or she might even punch out of it AHHH that would be amazing:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. :-) The amazing thing is, with all the new talent coming out of Russia, Mustafina continues to increase her difficulty level. I agree it would be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know this is silly, but this Yolis94 character just steals the videos from NastiaFan101.

    I do like this FX much more than her last. Much more involvement. I'm excited to see how it progresses.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Spanny, I obviously can't really comment on who is stealing videos from whom, but I'll take it in good faith that the original video comes from Nastiafan, and I've changed the post therefore to give him/her appropriate credit.

    Actually I personally preferred Mustafina's old floor routine but this one probably shows more of a dynamic approach that judges in America seem to prefer. However, whatever the style of her floor routine, Mustafina's charisma and amplitude always produces great looking floor exercises, and I can't wait to see her in Berlin in a couple of weeks' time.

    Thanks for the comment.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Virtual tour of Lake Krugloye

Ksenia from Russia wrote to me as follows : 'I decided to write about a little update on this site .  Suddenly you do not know but you may be interested in "The virtual gym" where you can see the training center for gymnastics at the "Round Lake" A very interesting thing if you want to look into what's inside.' She is right - it is fascinating - with tours of both the men's and women's gyms, pictures of the coaches and gymnasts, and all the different areas, including a reception with displays of awards and the rehabilitation and recovery facilities.  Take some time to click on the arrows and try out all of the different features.  It is in Russian but the tools are reasonably intuitive and if you have a basic grasp of the Cyrillic alphabet you can make sense of the whole. Scrolling round the panorama makes me feel a little bit dizzy and also gives a slightly distorted perspective to some of the views, which I think is a characteristic...

Simone and the others - results and reflections

In the end, it was as predicted : Simone and the others, with Simone's teammate, Alexandra Raisman, providing the back up.  I do not need to point out that, by definition, the Americans are scoring significantly higher marks than the rest of the field.  Congratulations to them! Aliya Mustafina finished in third place.  The 2012 bronze medalist led the competition after vault and uneven bars, but had a very nervous outing on beam that might have taken a less experienced gymnast out of the medals.  A bravura performance on floor brought Aliya back though to confirm her third place all around.  From her senior debut in 2010 to today, Mustafina has continuously set high standards of grace.    It is the first time since 2000 that a gymnast (Amanar) has medalled in the all around at two consecutive Olympics, and  if Aliya can medal on Saturday's uneven bars final, she will once again be Russia's biggest medal winner of the women's gymnastics.  Russ...

Aliya Mustafina - 'each medal is very special'

'I'm very happy that everything turned out well today  ... Each medal is very special.  The UK team made mistakes, so there was a wide margin [of victory]... But naturally, [what I did] is not enough for the Olympics.  I prepared well for beam and bars but I am not ready for floor, I stepped up to help the team. ... To be honest, I did not look at the scores [when asked how the team reacted to the 6.5 gap before the final apparatus].  Gelya (Melnikova) is a good girl, she did everything and did not falter ... Seda fell on quite a complex element.  There is more work to do, but everything else went well.' [About a protest taken by the coaches on her beam score]. 'I am used to my protests being rejected, everything is normal!' Via vk.com I n other news , the UEG has confirmed that Spiridonova will replace Melnikova in tomorrow's bars final. No reason is given, but it is generally considered that Dasha has a better chance of gold.  This decision also means tha...

RRG Archive - scroll by date, from 2024 to 2010

Show more