![]() |
| This free digital slideshow personalized with Smilebox |
ROTTERDAM (Netherlands), October 24. /TASS/. Russian gymnast Lyudmila Roshchina, who won silver in the individual all-around at the World Championships, succeeded precisely because she focused on challenging herself rather than competing for medals. This is the assessment of Aliya Mustafina, a coach for the Russian national team and a two-time Olympic champion, who spoke to TASS. "Of course, I wasn't certain that Lyudmila would end up on the podium in the all-around, though I certainly hoped she would," Mustafina said. "The general instruction was not to think about medals or rankings. As they headed from the warm-up area to the competition floor, I told the girls: 'Don't worry about where you place—just focus on challenging yourselves.' And Lyusya managed to do exactly that." "Her mindset played a major role, too; she was in a very positive frame of mind even back in the warm-up area. So, I wouldn't say that winning this silver was an incre...

This is a digital photo album based on a set of 1979 Soviet produced postcards celebrating the achievements of their gymnasts. If any of you know the whereabouts of Alexander Tkachev, Gennady Krissin, Vladimir Markelov, or can update any of the information here, I would be most grateful if you could comment.
ReplyDeleteOtherwise, enjoy!
I think Tkachev is coaching somewhere in the northwest USA.
ReplyDeleteI think he did spend some time at Peninsular Gymnastics and West Valley Gymnastics School - seems however to have moved on ... ?
ReplyDeleteTkachev and gorbik bought one of Rita Browns gyms and are now in Florida. Bilozerchev is in peninsula though. Markelov lives in Moscow and is basically retired. He's still in touch with the gym world, always goes to the Moscow world cup and apparently always knows what's going on. Dont know about krissin but I can always ask my friend who can ask Markelov.
ReplyDelete