Skip to main content

Belyavski preparing 2 for the Russian Cup

 Interview via VK.com, Google translate:


David, when did you start training this year?

🎙 "I started training in early February."


What is your current training regimen? How often do you come to the Ozero Krugloe base and train with the national team?

🎙 "So far, my regimen is more like physical education, mostly general exercises. I've been at the training camp since February 16, training with the team, but not according to the national team's plan yet."


Have you already started preparing for the Russian Cup?

🎙 "Yes, that's actually what I'm doing now — preparing for the Russian Cup. I hope that I'll have time to get on the platform in top shape."


Have you already managed to adjust your combinations to the new rules?

🎙 "My combinations haven't changed much because of the new rules. The only thing that needs to be changed is one element on the pommel horse."


How many apparatuses are you planning to do in Novosibirsk?

🎙 "At the moment, I plan to perform on two apparatuses: pommel horse and parallel bars."


Can you name the main competitors in Russia on these apparatuses?

🎙 "On pommel horse and parallel bars, it's Polyashov and the young guys that I see at the training camp now - there are definitely 2-3 people."

Comments

  1. Interesting! I thought he was retired.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nagorny has retired; I don’t know about Dalaloyan. As long as they prepare and compete at Russian Cup, they can be on the team. I don’t think Belyavski will compete as a neutral athlete though. A pity because on two apparatus I think he could make EF at worlds. I like Belyavski and he hasn’t been vocally in support of the war like Nagorny but it must be difficult in Russia for a man with a young family.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Virtual tour of Lake Krugloye

Ksenia from Russia wrote to me as follows : 'I decided to write about a little update on this site .  Suddenly you do not know but you may be interested in "The virtual gym" where you can see the training center for gymnastics at the "Round Lake" A very interesting thing if you want to look into what's inside.' She is right - it is fascinating - with tours of both the men's and women's gyms, pictures of the coaches and gymnasts, and all the different areas, including a reception with displays of awards and the rehabilitation and recovery facilities.  Take some time to click on the arrows and try out all of the different features.  It is in Russian but the tools are reasonably intuitive and if you have a basic grasp of the Cyrillic alphabet you can make sense of the whole. Scrolling round the panorama makes me feel a little bit dizzy and also gives a slightly distorted perspective to some of the views, which I think is a characteristic...

Simone and the others - results and reflections

In the end, it was as predicted : Simone and the others, with Simone's teammate, Alexandra Raisman, providing the back up.  I do not need to point out that, by definition, the Americans are scoring significantly higher marks than the rest of the field.  Congratulations to them! Aliya Mustafina finished in third place.  The 2012 bronze medalist led the competition after vault and uneven bars, but had a very nervous outing on beam that might have taken a less experienced gymnast out of the medals.  A bravura performance on floor brought Aliya back though to confirm her third place all around.  From her senior debut in 2010 to today, Mustafina has continuously set high standards of grace.    It is the first time since 2000 that a gymnast (Amanar) has medalled in the all around at two consecutive Olympics, and  if Aliya can medal on Saturday's uneven bars final, she will once again be Russia's biggest medal winner of the women's gymnastics.  Russ...

Mustafina, Melnikova and Afanasyeva - Russia’s three divas train together to the tunes of Michael Jackson

M elnikova, Mustafina and Afanasyeva take creative control at Round Lake.     You can see the video on Angelina Melnikova’s YouTube channel. They are discussing a new floor routine for Angelina; she wants to dance to Michael Jackson. Afanasyeva, 2012 Olympic medalist and a world champion on the floor, has been a choreographer for the national team for a few years now.    She says, ‘Gel, first we need to understand the plan—what we’re actually doing.’ They discuss how many tumbles Angelina will perform, and where the tumbles will come in the routine.    Angelina says, she likes ‘Billie Jean’, it’s her favourite … But Afanasyeva has other ideas, linking into the dance shapes she has seen in a video: ‘Thriller . Start with  Thriller . It begins with that image, right from the beginning when it starts.’    She shows us the dance. ‘I suggest taking a 1.5-minute or 1-minute segment of the dance directly.’ They promise to be in touch by email. ...

RRG Archive - scroll by date, from 2024 to 2010

Show more