Skip to main content

Bloggers beware!

Hello everyone

It has recently come to my attention that someone has been copying my blog - yes, in its entirety. In fact there are a number of blogs out there purporting to be me. This is not only very annoying - the blog represents six years of very hard work - it is also plagiarism, and a legal breach of my copyright in my writing and presentation of the work.

I am happy if people refer to my blog and give credit, but not to be plagiarised lock, stock and barrel, and I will be pursuing this matter to try to set things straight. In the meantime, please note that the only real Rewriting Russian Gymnastics blog is here.


Any other blog is a mere imitation!  Please only visit this URL or the associated Facebook and Twitter pages, if you want to read my work.

Down with pirates!


Comments

  1. Oh my goodness. It's mean of them to do so! Love your work and keep blogging about Russian gymnastics. Love your work and blog. Cheers

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Who really won the WAG All Around?

You will find a link to the FIG's newly published book of results at the Olympic Games here .  This year, they have broken down the judge's execution scores so you can see exactly how each judge evaluated the gymnasts' performances.  It makes for interesting reading - if only I had more time to analyse each judge's marking.  A skim reading already highlights multiple inconsistencies in individual judges' marks and makes you wonder why they bother with the jury at all. I have taken the time to look at the reference judges' scores for the top four in the women's all around.  The FIG explains here what their role is, and how they are selected.  I even used my calculator, which is a risky thing in my hands.  My, how I wish we could have seen a similar document for the Tokyo World Championships. I wonder if anyone can explain how, if the FIG's Code of Points is so objective and fair, it is possible to come up with two different results using two differ...

Aliya Mustafina - 'each medal is very special'

'I'm very happy that everything turned out well today  ... Each medal is very special.  The UK team made mistakes, so there was a wide margin [of victory]... But naturally, [what I did] is not enough for the Olympics.  I prepared well for beam and bars but I am not ready for floor, I stepped up to help the team. ... To be honest, I did not look at the scores [when asked how the team reacted to the 6.5 gap before the final apparatus].  Gelya (Melnikova) is a good girl, she did everything and did not falter ... Seda fell on quite a complex element.  There is more work to do, but everything else went well.' [About a protest taken by the coaches on her beam score]. 'I am used to my protests being rejected, everything is normal!' Via vk.com I n other news , the UEG has confirmed that Spiridonova will replace Melnikova in tomorrow's bars final. No reason is given, but it is generally considered that Dasha has a better chance of gold.  This decision also means tha...

Mustering up that musty magic

Moments after qualifying for the team, AA and UB finals, Aliya gave a short interview to Elena Vaitsekhovskaya for Sports Express.  The accompanying pictures tell as much as the words. Asked about her fall from beam, Aliya said, 'I have forgotten about it already.  There is no point in remembering it.' 'It was very hard waiting for the competition to begin; I could only just bear it.  Every morning, I wake up with the same thought, wanting it all to be over as quickly as possible,' said Aliya. Asked about her bars performance, where she scored the highest of all to date, Aliya said, 'Can I tell you a secret?  It was me who did it!'      Team captain, consoling a disappointed Angelina Melnikova     The life of a champion is essentially a solitary one, when it comes to the hard moments of competition.     Seda Tutkhalyan is the top Russian qualifier in the AA Source - Sports Express.ru