Skip to main content

Interview with David Belyavski - USA and Britain will fight for bronze in Paris

 Olympic champion in artistic gymnastics David Belyavskiy said that he will perform for his own pleasure if the Friendship Games do not take place this year.


🤸"If the Friendship Games do not take place this year, then I do not see the point in straining myself too much in training, as I did before," said Belyavskiy. "I am not saying that I will end my career, but I will perform for my own pleasure. I will not set goals to win this or that. If I manage to win, then good, if not - no big deal, I perform for myself."


"Every year it is becoming more and more difficult for me to prepare for competitions, so I think that there is probably no point in torturing myself," the gymnast added.


✋At the BRICS Games, Belyavskiy fought for medals only in the pommel horse exercise, where he fell, leaving him without a medal. "There was no technical error, my arm just went off the horse. It was a little out of control. It happened towards the end of the routine, when I had less strength, of course," the athlete noted.


💪"I prepared for the BRICS Games very well, I had two productive training camps. I was in the mood for a real international competition, and I went out with that attitude on the first day and the second," the gymnast concluded.


💻"We'll watch the Olympics, of course, if there are broadcasts," Belyavsky said. "But if the broadcast is, for example, at 3 a.m., then, of course, I won't watch it. If I got it, I watched it, if I didn't, it's not scary. I definitely won't set reminders on my phone that I have to watch gymnastics."


🏅"I think that China and Japan will be the favorites, and there will be a fight for third place. The USA and Great Britain will probably fight," the Russian gymnast answered the question of who, in his opinion, will claim gold in the men's team tournament in Paris


Via VK, with thanks.

Sources : https://tass.ru/sport/21108343

https://tass.ru/sport/21108305

https://matchtv.ru/friendshipgames/matchtvnews…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Virtual tour of Lake Krugloye

Ksenia from Russia wrote to me as follows : 'I decided to write about a little update on this site .  Suddenly you do not know but you may be interested in "The virtual gym" where you can see the training center for gymnastics at the "Round Lake" A very interesting thing if you want to look into what's inside.' She is right - it is fascinating - with tours of both the men's and women's gyms, pictures of the coaches and gymnasts, and all the different areas, including a reception with displays of awards and the rehabilitation and recovery facilities.  Take some time to click on the arrows and try out all of the different features.  It is in Russian but the tools are reasonably intuitive and if you have a basic grasp of the Cyrillic alphabet you can make sense of the whole. Scrolling round the panorama makes me feel a little bit dizzy and also gives a slightly distorted perspective to some of the views, which I think is a characteristic...

Simone and the others - results and reflections

In the end, it was as predicted : Simone and the others, with Simone's teammate, Alexandra Raisman, providing the back up.  I do not need to point out that, by definition, the Americans are scoring significantly higher marks than the rest of the field.  Congratulations to them! Aliya Mustafina finished in third place.  The 2012 bronze medalist led the competition after vault and uneven bars, but had a very nervous outing on beam that might have taken a less experienced gymnast out of the medals.  A bravura performance on floor brought Aliya back though to confirm her third place all around.  From her senior debut in 2010 to today, Mustafina has continuously set high standards of grace.    It is the first time since 2000 that a gymnast (Amanar) has medalled in the all around at two consecutive Olympics, and  if Aliya can medal on Saturday's uneven bars final, she will once again be Russia's biggest medal winner of the women's gymnastics.  Russ...

Viktoria Komova - apology

Viktoria wrote some hasty words last night in the heat of the moment.  We all have such times, when hurt feelings lead us to behave uncharacteristically.  It is not important what she said; it is important that Vika has reflected and wants us all to read this message which she published on VK.com this morning. "Dear friends! I want to apologize for my statements about American girls, about drugs, all my words were spoken on emotions. Of course I haven't any proof and didn't really mean it and so on... I am so sorry. I want to apologize for my character to all of you". Vika, we are still with you every step of the way.

RRG Archive - scroll by date, from 2024 to 2010

Show more