Skip to main content

Russia Cup - details. Only a few days to go!

Schedule for the Russia Cup, one of Russia’s two annual national competitions.  This year we are hoping to see Daniel Marinov, Angelina Melnikova, Victoria Listunova and Marina Agafanova compete alongside the rising stars of the sport.  This competition will in part decide which of the neutral gymnasts will compete in Europeans and Worlds later this year.  

Please note, not all of the gymnasts have neutral status, most notably Victoria Listunova (under appeal).

This year the competition will take place in Sirius, Sochi, an impressive arena that’s relatively new.

Depending on territory you will be able to follow finals on Match TV and on Vk.com at https://vk.ru/fgymrussia

All times are local.


MAG Quals/team final, 21 April.  

This competition will determine which individuals move forward to compete in AA and EFs.

The strongest teams, as ever, will compete in the 3rd round, at 17.00 Sochi time.

Last year’s results : Vladimir Oblast, Moscow

19 teams compete MAG, compared to 20 in WAG.



WAG Quals/team final, 22 April.  

This competition will determine which individuals move forward to compete in AA and EFs.

The strongest teams, as ever, will compete in the final two rounds, 4 and 5, starting at 17.00 Sochi time.

Last year’s results : Moscow, Krasnodar, Vladimir Oblast.



AA finals. The winner will be the gymnast who has the highest score across both qualifications and this final competition.

MAG final 23 April, 16.45.  Last year’s medalists were Yakubov, Kuliak, Kartsev

WAG final 24 April, 17.00.  Last year’s medalists were Kalmykova, Vassilieva, Roschina





Day One EF, 25 April, MAG and WAG.  Start time 15.00

Last year’s champions :

MAG - FX Yakubov, Kuliak, Dmitriev. PH Belyavski, Prokopyev, Larchev. SR. Zaika, Kalyuzhin, Stupkin

WAG - V Kalmykova, Roschina, Us. UB Vassilieva, Andreeva, Titovets (BLR), Smirnova



Day Two EF, 26 April, MAG and WAG.  Start time 15.00

Last year’s champions :

MAG V Usachev, Sharamkov (BLR), Yakubov, Tovpinets. PB Kuliak, Kartsev, Belyavski. HB Novikov, Kartsev, Kuliak

WAG BB Bedrina, Andreeva, Kalmykova. FX Kalmykova, Roschina, Vassilieva









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Who really won the WAG All Around?

You will find a link to the FIG's newly published book of results at the Olympic Games here .  This year, they have broken down the judge's execution scores so you can see exactly how each judge evaluated the gymnasts' performances.  It makes for interesting reading - if only I had more time to analyse each judge's marking.  A skim reading already highlights multiple inconsistencies in individual judges' marks and makes you wonder why they bother with the jury at all. I have taken the time to look at the reference judges' scores for the top four in the women's all around.  The FIG explains here what their role is, and how they are selected.  I even used my calculator, which is a risky thing in my hands.  My, how I wish we could have seen a similar document for the Tokyo World Championships. I wonder if anyone can explain how, if the FIG's Code of Points is so objective and fair, it is possible to come up with two different results using two differ...

Viktoria Komova - back pain has forced me to step down

I awoke this morning to a very simple statement from Viktoria Komova, on her vk.com site, which Papa Liukin has translated (via the IG forum): 'Dear friends, fans, and gymnastics lovers. Unfortunately back pain isn't allowing me to train to my full potential and get ready for competitions. I've made the very difficult decision to stop training and take care of my health. I want to thank everyone for their support! Without your love and warmth it would've been more difficult to go all the way. Thanks everyone and see you soon! Love and kisses.' Well, first of all, good wishes and best of luck to Viktoria, who has struggled since 2012 to re-establish herself fully as a competitive gymnast, whose talent was so great that she secured gold on bars at two different World Championships, four years apart, whose career was littered with controversy, who must be allowed to live her life as she wishes.   I know that the 'gymternet' will now be overflowing...

Aliya Mustafina - 'each medal is very special'

'I'm very happy that everything turned out well today  ... Each medal is very special.  The UK team made mistakes, so there was a wide margin [of victory]... But naturally, [what I did] is not enough for the Olympics.  I prepared well for beam and bars but I am not ready for floor, I stepped up to help the team. ... To be honest, I did not look at the scores [when asked how the team reacted to the 6.5 gap before the final apparatus].  Gelya (Melnikova) is a good girl, she did everything and did not falter ... Seda fell on quite a complex element.  There is more work to do, but everything else went well.' [About a protest taken by the coaches on her beam score]. 'I am used to my protests being rejected, everything is normal!' Via vk.com I n other news , the UEG has confirmed that Spiridonova will replace Melnikova in tomorrow's bars final. No reason is given, but it is generally considered that Dasha has a better chance of gold.  This decision also means tha...

RRG Archive - scroll by date, from 2024 to 2010

Show more