Skip to main content

‘My daughter likes gymnastics. For us, this is the big success’. Aliya Mustafina talks to Match TV


Via VK.com.  Google translate


A big interview with Aliya Mustafina was published on MATCH!. We provide a small excerpt below, and the full version is available on the website at the link below 


❓ Aliya, you are now the head coach of the junior artistic gymnastics team. What does your typical day look like?

💜 My current life is similar to what it was when I was competing. In the morning, I have breakfast and go to work by 9:00, we train for four hours, have lunch, rest and train for another three hours. During the training camp, the athletes live at the base. They live and train on the same territory.


❓ Do you manage the gymnasts' personal trainers or do you evenly distribute the responsibilities?

💜 We work in contact with the personal trainers, I listen to their opinions. For example, if the trainer believes that their athlete needs to be given a little rest or do fewer repetitions of a particular exercise, we do so.


❓ Describe the current generation of children. Do they need a different approach or are the methods you were trained with applicable?

💜 I work with girls aged 12-15. These are children of technology and the Internet. It is not difficult for me to work with them because I am not old myself and I can easily find an approach to them. I understand that this generation is different from ours. If you could bark at us, scold us, then this generation needs to be interested and made to want to train and become better.


❓ At what level are your coaching ambitions?

💜 Considering the current realities, I want the children to come to the training camp with pleasure. This attitude should result in productive work and results.

Naturally, I really want to go to international competitions. It is difficult to compare the level of our athletes with foreign ones purely by scores, without competing with them. Different people judge, everyone has a different point of view. I repeat that I really want to get on the international stage.


❓ I read in one of the interviews that you ask athletes not to forget about their studies.

💜 I am very strict about this. Of course, I don’t ask them to show their diaries, but I am in touch with the school principal. I always tell the children that studying is important, that I will not let it slide. I understand perfectly well that not every gymnast will become an Olympic champion, but they will not be able to live without school knowledge. I look at gymnasts not only as athletes, I want them to become good people.


❓ Did you feel like a star after the Olympics?

💜 A star, no. But I never wanted to be famous, I didn’t want to be recognized everywhere.


❓ Do you think you managed to monetize your Olympic success? Did you receive advertising offers?

💜 Unfortunately, those were not the times. I have never had any advertising contracts. There is no point in thinking about it now - I never did and never have.

I just never increased my popularity, so now I understand what it led to. I don’t regret it, it was what it was.


❓ You have a lot of subscribers on social networks.

💜 When I was more active on social networks, people subscribed, and to a large extent these were fans from other countries. But I had no idea how to properly manage social networks, because there was no such profession as a blogger back then. I was not offered any global cooperation there either.


❓ What kind of mother are you?

💜 I am the kind of mother who is always at work. My parents help me with my daughter. We initially agreed with them that they would help raise my daughter. After giving birth, I returned to sports, so even at that stage we had certain agreements.


❓ How would you rate your daughter’s success in gymnastics?

💜 She met the standard of the first youth category. It is too early to talk about global success. The most important thing is that she enjoys going to training, she likes doing gymnastics. For us, this is the main success.


❗Full version of the interview matchtv.ru/gimnastika...

Comments

  1. Excellent interview 🇺🇸👍💯🙏

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aliya has always had my respect and admiration.

    The wheels were always spinning, calculating what must be done to get the result needed, without sacrificing elegance and flair.

    She is sure to be a positive force shaping the next generation of Russian gymnasts and I am here for it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Virtual tour of Lake Krugloye

Ksenia from Russia wrote to me as follows : 'I decided to write about a little update on this site .  Suddenly you do not know but you may be interested in "The virtual gym" where you can see the training center for gymnastics at the "Round Lake" A very interesting thing if you want to look into what's inside.' She is right - it is fascinating - with tours of both the men's and women's gyms, pictures of the coaches and gymnasts, and all the different areas, including a reception with displays of awards and the rehabilitation and recovery facilities.  Take some time to click on the arrows and try out all of the different features.  It is in Russian but the tools are reasonably intuitive and if you have a basic grasp of the Cyrillic alphabet you can make sense of the whole. Scrolling round the panorama makes me feel a little bit dizzy and also gives a slightly distorted perspective to some of the views, which I think is a characteristic...

Simone and the others - results and reflections

In the end, it was as predicted : Simone and the others, with Simone's teammate, Alexandra Raisman, providing the back up.  I do not need to point out that, by definition, the Americans are scoring significantly higher marks than the rest of the field.  Congratulations to them! Aliya Mustafina finished in third place.  The 2012 bronze medalist led the competition after vault and uneven bars, but had a very nervous outing on beam that might have taken a less experienced gymnast out of the medals.  A bravura performance on floor brought Aliya back though to confirm her third place all around.  From her senior debut in 2010 to today, Mustafina has continuously set high standards of grace.    It is the first time since 2000 that a gymnast (Amanar) has medalled in the all around at two consecutive Olympics, and  if Aliya can medal on Saturday's uneven bars final, she will once again be Russia's biggest medal winner of the women's gymnastics.  Russ...

Mustafina, Melnikova and Afanasyeva - Russia’s three divas train together to the tunes of Michael Jackson

M elnikova, Mustafina and Afanasyeva take creative control at Round Lake.     You can see the video on Angelina Melnikova’s YouTube channel. They are discussing a new floor routine for Angelina; she wants to dance to Michael Jackson. Afanasyeva, 2012 Olympic medalist and a world champion on the floor, has been a choreographer for the national team for a few years now.    She says, ‘Gel, first we need to understand the plan—what we’re actually doing.’ They discuss how many tumbles Angelina will perform, and where the tumbles will come in the routine.    Angelina says, she likes ‘Billie Jean’, it’s her favourite … But Afanasyeva has other ideas, linking into the dance shapes she has seen in a video: ‘Thriller . Start with  Thriller . It begins with that image, right from the beginning when it starts.’    She shows us the dance. ‘I suggest taking a 1.5-minute or 1-minute segment of the dance directly.’ They promise to be in touch by email. ...

RRG Archive - scroll by date, from 2024 to 2010

Show more