Skip to main content

Olympic Games 2024 - Russia Cup 2024 - competition schedule

The Olympics and the Russian Cup are running on the same dates this year ... there is the potential for what is known as gymdigestion, but I still won't miss a second of the action in Paris and Novosibirsk.  So I have pulled together the attached schedule.  Because the FIG hasn't yet learned how to do this without forcing fans to look in about three different places simultaneously, and the RGF is cruel to schedule their gymnastics competitions at the same time as the Olympics.

The information comes from the Olympics and FIG websites, and an Instagram post by Angelina Melnikova, as there is still no official stuff from the Russian Gymnastics Federation.  I have converted all the times to BST.  Paris is one hour ahead of London, Novosibirsk six hours ahead.  This scrambles my brain somewhat.  I have checked and double checked.  But if you see any obvious errors, please comment.  

All times subject to change, especially the Russian ones.  There are three pages.  Friends should know that I will not be available from the 27th July to the 6th August.

UPDATED VERSION PUBLISHED 14 JULY 2024.






 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Virtual tour of Lake Krugloye

Ksenia from Russia wrote to me as follows : 'I decided to write about a little update on this site .  Suddenly you do not know but you may be interested in "The virtual gym" where you can see the training center for gymnastics at the "Round Lake" A very interesting thing if you want to look into what's inside.' She is right - it is fascinating - with tours of both the men's and women's gyms, pictures of the coaches and gymnasts, and all the different areas, including a reception with displays of awards and the rehabilitation and recovery facilities.  Take some time to click on the arrows and try out all of the different features.  It is in Russian but the tools are reasonably intuitive and if you have a basic grasp of the Cyrillic alphabet you can make sense of the whole. Scrolling round the panorama makes me feel a little bit dizzy and also gives a slightly distorted perspective to some of the views, which I think is a characteristic...

Simone and the others - results and reflections

In the end, it was as predicted : Simone and the others, with Simone's teammate, Alexandra Raisman, providing the back up.  I do not need to point out that, by definition, the Americans are scoring significantly higher marks than the rest of the field.  Congratulations to them! Aliya Mustafina finished in third place.  The 2012 bronze medalist led the competition after vault and uneven bars, but had a very nervous outing on beam that might have taken a less experienced gymnast out of the medals.  A bravura performance on floor brought Aliya back though to confirm her third place all around.  From her senior debut in 2010 to today, Mustafina has continuously set high standards of grace.    It is the first time since 2000 that a gymnast (Amanar) has medalled in the all around at two consecutive Olympics, and  if Aliya can medal on Saturday's uneven bars final, she will once again be Russia's biggest medal winner of the women's gymnastics.  Russ...

Viktoria Komova - apology

Viktoria wrote some hasty words last night in the heat of the moment.  We all have such times, when hurt feelings lead us to behave uncharacteristically.  It is not important what she said; it is important that Vika has reflected and wants us all to read this message which she published on VK.com this morning. "Dear friends! I want to apologize for my statements about American girls, about drugs, all my words were spoken on emotions. Of course I haven't any proof and didn't really mean it and so on... I am so sorry. I want to apologize for my character to all of you". Vika, we are still with you every step of the way.

RRG Archive - scroll by date, from 2024 to 2010

Show more