Skip to main content

Some assumptions - national team for Europeans

Looking well ahead (there are another six weeks to go before the European Championships) Valentina Rodionenko has outlined a few assumptions for the final team selection.

Injury apart, those who are guaranteed a place on the teams are Artur Dalolyan and Natalia Kapitonova. Also selected are Nikita Nagorny, David Belyavski, Seda Tutkhalyan and Angelina Melnikova, as well as Elena Eremina.  Vladislav Polyashov has a good chance, and the coaches will also be watching Viktoria Trykina closely.

European Championships - 19 to 23 April.  This time in Romania, the 2017 Champs will be individual AA and EF only.  I am surprised not to see Lankin mentioned here.


http://tass.ru/sport/4071960

Comments

  1. Andrei Rodionenko says he’s not ready to name any teams for Euros yet LOL http://rsport.ru/artist_gym/20170305/1117268356.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. In another news Andrei Rodionenko about Mustafina comeback in gym, bcz the women's team will always need her http://rsport.ru/artist_gym/20170305/1117267865.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Valentina says that Nabieva will be part of team russia for Universiade 2017 and that Tanya is not retared yet LOL http://tass.ru/sport/4074008

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Simone and the others - results and reflections

In the end, it was as predicted : Simone and the others, with Simone's teammate, Alexandra Raisman, providing the back up.  I do not need to point out that, by definition, the Americans are scoring significantly higher marks than the rest of the field.  Congratulations to them! Aliya Mustafina finished in third place.  The 2012 bronze medalist led the competition after vault and uneven bars, but had a very nervous outing on beam that might have taken a less experienced gymnast out of the medals.  A bravura performance on floor brought Aliya back though to confirm her third place all around.  From her senior debut in 2010 to today, Mustafina has continuously set high standards of grace.    It is the first time since 2000 that a gymnast (Amanar) has medalled in the all around at two consecutive Olympics, and  if Aliya can medal on Saturday's uneven bars final, she will once again be Russia's biggest medal winner of the women's gymnastics.  Russ...

Who really won the WAG All Around?

You will find a link to the FIG's newly published book of results at the Olympic Games here .  This year, they have broken down the judge's execution scores so you can see exactly how each judge evaluated the gymnasts' performances.  It makes for interesting reading - if only I had more time to analyse each judge's marking.  A skim reading already highlights multiple inconsistencies in individual judges' marks and makes you wonder why they bother with the jury at all. I have taken the time to look at the reference judges' scores for the top four in the women's all around.  The FIG explains here what their role is, and how they are selected.  I even used my calculator, which is a risky thing in my hands.  My, how I wish we could have seen a similar document for the Tokyo World Championships. I wonder if anyone can explain how, if the FIG's Code of Points is so objective and fair, it is possible to come up with two different results using two differ...

Viktoria Komova - apology

Viktoria wrote some hasty words last night in the heat of the moment.  We all have such times, when hurt feelings lead us to behave uncharacteristically.  It is not important what she said; it is important that Vika has reflected and wants us all to read this message which she published on VK.com this morning. "Dear friends! I want to apologize for my statements about American girls, about drugs, all my words were spoken on emotions. Of course I haven't any proof and didn't really mean it and so on... I am so sorry. I want to apologize for my character to all of you". Vika, we are still with you every step of the way.

RRG Archive - scroll by date, from 2024 to 2010

Show more