Skip to main content

Viktoria Komova - interview





New interview with Viktoria Komova.  She plans to compete at Russian Champs, Russia Cup, Euros and the Olympics.  Rio will probably be her final competition.  Any medal will be a victory.  She is working on upgrades and plans to compete AA.  #godblessvika

Comments

  1. I hope Komova wins the AA gold in Rio...
    John

    ReplyDelete
  2. She has the talent and the skills to do it, but it will come down to physical health and especially mental stability. I hope she does it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is the BEST gymnast ever.
    Absolutely deserves the AA Olympic gold.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! According to today's news from Valentina Rod. Aliya Mustafina maybe will compete at Stuttgart before RC http://rsport.ru/artist_gym/20160226/898690992.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope she wins the Gold in Rio!! She is truly, the best gymnast in the entire world. Yes, I know Simone is great, but I'm rooting for Viktoria!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Komova has the talent sadly I don't think she has the mental strength to back it up. What the Americans do so well like what the Soviets did back in the day was hit. As it currently stands Komova cant do a single beam routine without wobbles and major breaks.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mustafina, Melnikova and Afanasyeva - Russia’s three divas train together to the tunes of Michael Jackson

M elnikova, Mustafina and Afanasyeva take creative control at Round Lake.     You can see the video on Angelina Melnikova’s YouTube channel. They are discussing a new floor routine for Angelina; she wants to dance to Michael Jackson. Afanasyeva, 2012 Olympic medalist and a world champion on the floor, has been a choreographer for the national team for a few years now.    She says, ‘Gel, first we need to understand the plan—what we’re actually doing.’ They discuss how many tumbles Angelina will perform, and where the tumbles will come in the routine.    Angelina says, she likes ‘Billie Jean’, it’s her favourite … But Afanasyeva has other ideas, linking into the dance shapes she has seen in a video: ‘Thriller . Start with  Thriller . It begins with that image, right from the beginning when it starts.’    She shows us the dance. ‘I suggest taking a 1.5-minute or 1-minute segment of the dance directly.’ They promise to be in touch by email. ...

Andrei Rodionenko explains Russia's performance at Worlds - Lupitatranslates

Rodionenko with European Champion David Belyavski  Courtesy RGF/Elena Mikhailova This is the interview that many people on the internet have already commented on, regarding Andrei Rodionenko's alleged racism.  The original, Russian language version, appears on VTB Bank's website (VTB are sponsors of Russian gymnastics).  It takes cleverer people than me to decide what is racism, what is deliberately perjorative, and what is inferred in an interviewer's question.  For now, I will not comment on this, therefore, but I would ask you to read Lupita's translation carefully before you form your own opinion.   I am providing some links below which might help you to decide where you stand. Definition of racism Definition of sexism BBC Sport article by Matthew Syed : Is it wrong to note that 100m winners are always black?            Updated 24/10 CSKA Moscow: UEFA opens racist chants case         ...

Simone and the others - results and reflections

In the end, it was as predicted : Simone and the others, with Simone's teammate, Alexandra Raisman, providing the back up.  I do not need to point out that, by definition, the Americans are scoring significantly higher marks than the rest of the field.  Congratulations to them! Aliya Mustafina finished in third place.  The 2012 bronze medalist led the competition after vault and uneven bars, but had a very nervous outing on beam that might have taken a less experienced gymnast out of the medals.  A bravura performance on floor brought Aliya back though to confirm her third place all around.  From her senior debut in 2010 to today, Mustafina has continuously set high standards of grace.    It is the first time since 2000 that a gymnast (Amanar) has medalled in the all around at two consecutive Olympics, and  if Aliya can medal on Saturday's uneven bars final, she will once again be Russia's biggest medal winner of the women's gymnastics.  Russ...

RRG Archive - scroll by date, from 2024 to 2010

Show more