Skip to main content
Nikita Ignatyev: I'm not "profukannyh" happiness!

 

Bronze medalist of the men's individual all-round refuses to be humble

 
In ten years, without parents, he moved to Leninsk-Kuznetsky. For the sake of sport. Trained and studied - the ninth grade is almost as "excellent" finished, and the eleventh - by five and four. "Everybody says that the gym, any sport, learning to combine with hard, it's true. After training, you come - did not want to. But we must find the strength in yourself, open a book, read at least a couple of paragraphs ... The guys often out of laziness do not learn. "

Like this. And it just from a military family.

"As a military family has a certain order and discipline. I was a child accustomed to much. My mother, for example, in the morning with cold water hosed. At first I - br-rr-rr ... and then used. Ill, by the way, it is very rare. Dad - a good man, but never with me not lisp, does not indulge the whims and tried to make it so I was always busy. When he was shown the rigor? If you went to bed late, to break mode, instead of doing lessons, watching TV ... and although I courtyard peers sometimes envied - walk, do they want now for the hard work and self-discipline parents say thanks. "

... Six of gymnastic equipment - six traps for any gymnast. Next - the authorities, which are not used to such performances in the championships: Vernyaev, Hambyuhen, Stepko ... And from the Russian team all-around goes it alone. Such first.

Five rounds - "normal flight". With the latter, the crossbar Nikita flies down. Everyone who is sick of it, sees a deep "Oh." A few minutes ... and a happy smile Ignatieff speaks for itself.

Nikita goes out after the award - not that spacey happiness, but even embarrassment happened pinned a medal. "Christmas trees, as well kept!". I have time to intercept him before the arrival of the following cameras and questions. It's almost not a dialogue, rather monologue.

- I, I think on the first five shells all his "psychic" energy put all invested, he had. It's this transition from the bars to the bar, I had to just run, he threw me a little. I'm the last one in the group doing exercises on uneven bars, jumped, stood up, still breathing like an elephant ... And we must have missed things and run to the last round - off. He ran off with the consciousness. Haste somehow, and lost all control and attitude. It turned out that it is not clear how, warmed up. And internal energy already seen ended. I'm the last effort combination ended. Apparently, let themselves in at some point. No one would not wish to be in a situation where you are in five shells made everything and even a little more, and then in one moment all is lost. It is fortunate that managed to create on the equipment, "reserve", which rescued.

I sat between performances with jacket on his head, closing all. Just do not look at the opponents on this day was not enough. I kept inside, do not let, it can not be sprayed swing. This Day was to come, it has come, I had no right to it "profukannyh."

In the early days we did three rounds in the finals - six in a row. It's different, of course, things. Forces other ... But, as it happens. All that before the bar was doing - I'm glad it was a high level. Every movement was trying to control. And most importantly, it worked.

On the eve of tuning up the whole organism. One had to go to Russia. I even said that I was home for all the sick, the governor Tuleyev any screen to put a large ordered, all look. I said that, I think, Mother of God, how am I going to meet! I'm up to it even among competitors did not get all-round, and here - one of the country and have a real chance of a medal, you just did not waver.

Able to disconnect from this - I think, okay, let all look, I'll deal with their works.

And - on the bar, then I'm very difficult to do, and the "nonsense" would like to save a little bit of force, there is the desire you sideways and out. I started with freestyle, in which the "screwed up" in the first day. So to place bugs in the program when he came, I think - as you like, but it should do!

The rivals were stronger - someone went better today, someone worse, but how it happened. Now I do not just understand and realize real - I can fight. And with the same winner, Oleg Vernyaevym. Base me high, I just do not need to give your.

Now - only forward. Confidence, I think, throw and stimulate. It should appear. Or not, or rather, to manifest. After all, as I have myself started to feel at times? Always in the background, on the sidelines. The guys behind me act like I'm some kind of a hole in the team plugged, with varying success, but he personally did not show it. The moment of truth has arrived - gave personal result.

The phrase is: "you have to be modest." And I have to be modest. Daring.

A few years ago I tried to pull out of Nikita characteristic of a single word on it though. "This gymnast says he thrust, he - patient. And you. Just another young Ignatieff immediately found the answer: "I - all-rounder." Following the gold medal in the team appearances Nikita Ignatyev received a bronze medal in the competitions all-rounders. What does this mean for him? Breakthrough. The one he and coaches waited a long time. One year before the Olympic Games is very important. For the men's team in Russia, collecting fist personal ambitions of each member of the team for the Rio de Janeiro, optimistic.

Author Irina Stepantseva
Source http://www.mk.ru/sport/2015/06/19/nikita-ignatev-ya-ne-profukal-schaste.html

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Komova, Grishina, Afanasyeva, Kuksenkov on roster for Voronin Cup, 15-17 December

2012 Olympians Viktoria Komova, Anastasia Grishina, Ksenia Afanasyeva, and Nikolai Kuksenkov will compete in the Voronin Cup, Moscow, 15-17 December.   Aliya Mustafina, Emin Garibov, Denis Ablyazin and Alexander Balandin are out with injury or in recovery - expect them back next spring. http://itar-tass.com/sport/1629215

Russia Cup - the road to Nanning!

The Russian MAG and WAG teams take their preparation for World Championships in Nanning one step further this week, as key players compete in the annual Russia Cup in Penza.  There will be team, all around and event finals. The WAG team Last year the gymnasts were rather depleted and suffering the effects of injury; this year the national squad is still short of some of its top members, but has greater diversity and experience up and coming into the ranks, so it will be an interesting time.  Last year saw St Petersburg gymnast and fan favourite Tatiana Nabiyeva lead the all around, ahead of Alla Sosnitskaya, Anna Pavlova, Anna Rodionova, Ekaterina Kramarenko and Polina Fyodorova.  With the individual-only World Championships up coming in Antwerp, I remember writing that Russia might well decide to send a team of only three gymnasts, such was the paucity of available talent.  The final reckoning saw Russia fare a little better than this, although performance lacked depth and re

2013 European Championships move to Moscow!

Russia is hosting the forthcoming men's and women's European Gymnastics Championships, scheduled to appear in Moscow (not Kazan, as originally announced) between 17th and 21st April 2013.  You can find more information at the UEG website.  It is a bumper year for Russian international gymnastics competitions, with the Universiade taking place in the ancient city of Kazan (part of which is a UNESCO World Heritage site) in July.  St Basil's Cathedral, Moscow, by night

RRG Archive - scroll by date, from 2024 to 2010

Show more