Skip to main content
Interview # # # NikitaIgnatev EvropeyskieIgry # Baku

Nikita Ignatyev: when performing floor exercises made a mistake out of the blue.

Today, June 14, at the first European Games in Baku (Azerbaijan) started gymnastics tournament. The men were held qualifying competitions in the floor exercise, in the rings and on horseback. Russian Nikita Ignatyev for floor exercises got 14,300 points for the exercises on the rings - 15,000, and for exercises on horseback - 14.366. The impressions Nikita Ignatyev shared with special correspondent of the press service DSP Mark Skoda. Agency of the sports information "All Sport" quoted Nikita Ignatyev.

- In general, I am satisfied with the first day of the competition - said Nikita Ignatyev. - Although there were unforeseen troubles. For example, on the floor exercise, I did everything well and was happy, but then out of the blue made a serious mistake - not able to get into the rack, and had to start all over again. I rented it for a lot of points. It is an optional deduction, because of which in this form I can not get into the finals.

- And how were on rings and on horseback?
- The ring has the ability to go to the finals. The horse - not my final round, but I liked it, I carried it out. In general, in the floor I do not pass, but it was David Bielawski. On rings, likely he passed, and on horseback gave credit for the team tournament. I want to say that these games - a very interesting tournament, the first of its kind. The qualification is divided into two days - three rounds each, usually we do all six in one day. I think the scheme of European games easier and more comfortable for the athletes. I like that. I hope that tomorrow will perform worse.

http://www.allsportinfo.ru/index.php?id=93665


Interview # # # NikolayKuksenkov EvropeyskieIgry # Baku

Nikolai Kusenkov today with performances were mixed success.

Today, June 14, at the first European Games in Baku (Azerbaijan) started gymnastics tournament. The men were held qualifying competitions in the floor exercise, in the rings and on horseback. Russian Nikolay Kusenkov for floor exercises got 14,400 points for the exercises on the rings - 14.533, and for exercises on horseback - 13.566. The impressions Nikolai Kusenkov shared with special correspondent for the press-service DSP Mark Skoda. Agency of the sports information "All Sport" Nicholas Kusenkova quotes.

- I did not expect that to qualify as many fans will come, - said Nikolay Kusenkov. - I'm serious about this competition, but did not think that it is so large-scale event. But when I went out into the hall for events - realized that there is a true Olympic atmosphere. Today I had serious unrest, and performances were held, with varying success.

- Comment on their performances in each projectile.
- The most offensive was the performance of a horse. This is my crown shell, but I fell. Initially, the combination made a blot - and I was a bit thrown aside. Started having problems with the preservation of balance, I spent a lot of strength to resist, but in the end the combination of them still do not have - I fell before the dismount. Then he went to the projectile and did it again, but of course, that I was given one point deductions. However, Nikita Ignatyev David Bielawski worked great. On the floor exercise and rings, I gave two offset in the team tournament, which are the two best scores from the three countries. Although, of course, I had to do it in the horse. But I do not specialize in the floor exercise and rings. So, today I did not take away in any finals. From tomorrow kinds I'm good at the crossbar - it will fight for the finals.

http://www.allsportinfo.ru/index.php?id=93666

Interview # # # DavidBelyavsky EvropeyskieIgry # Baku

David Bielawski: I want to win the gold in the floor exercise.

Today, June 14, at the first European Games in Baku (Azerbaijan) started gymnastics tournament. The men were held qualifying competitions in the floor exercise, in the rings and on horseback. Russia's David Bielawski for floor exercises got 15,100 points for the exercises on the rings - 14,100, and for exercises on horseback - 14,800. The impressions David Bielawski shared with special correspondent for the press-service DSP Mark Skoda. Agency of the sports information "All Sport" quoted David Beliavsky.

- It was a good day of competition - said David Bielawski. - Floor Exercise I get good at horse bit shocked, but on the whole I coped. Well, for me the ring - pass shell. I think I have been selected in two finals. In the team competition, we expect to fight for the victory.

- You are able to compete for a medal in both types?
- In the floor exercise, of course, I will fight for a medal. This year, I won the silver medal at the European Championships in this discipline. Now I want the gold (smiles). Participants are the same. On horseback, I have not competed in the final. In principle, I am not bad given the shell, but before I could not do a combination. And today - out.

- What are your priorities for tomorrow's skills?
- In the vault, I'm only doing one attempt, the final will not be selected. About crossbar advance difficult for me to say. And on the bars if everything will turn out, I hope to reach the final.

http://www.allsportinfo.ru/index.php?id=93667

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Komova, Grishina, Afanasyeva, Kuksenkov on roster for Voronin Cup, 15-17 December

2012 Olympians Viktoria Komova, Anastasia Grishina, Ksenia Afanasyeva, and Nikolai Kuksenkov will compete in the Voronin Cup, Moscow, 15-17 December.   Aliya Mustafina, Emin Garibov, Denis Ablyazin and Alexander Balandin are out with injury or in recovery - expect them back next spring. http://itar-tass.com/sport/1629215

Russia Cup - the road to Nanning!

The Russian MAG and WAG teams take their preparation for World Championships in Nanning one step further this week, as key players compete in the annual Russia Cup in Penza.  There will be team, all around and event finals. The WAG team Last year the gymnasts were rather depleted and suffering the effects of injury; this year the national squad is still short of some of its top members, but has greater diversity and experience up and coming into the ranks, so it will be an interesting time.  Last year saw St Petersburg gymnast and fan favourite Tatiana Nabiyeva lead the all around, ahead of Alla Sosnitskaya, Anna Pavlova, Anna Rodionova, Ekaterina Kramarenko and Polina Fyodorova.  With the individual-only World Championships up coming in Antwerp, I remember writing that Russia might well decide to send a team of only three gymnasts, such was the paucity of available talent.  The final reckoning saw Russia fare a little better than this, although performance lacked depth and re

2013 European Championships move to Moscow!

Russia is hosting the forthcoming men's and women's European Gymnastics Championships, scheduled to appear in Moscow (not Kazan, as originally announced) between 17th and 21st April 2013.  You can find more information at the UEG website.  It is a bumper year for Russian international gymnastics competitions, with the Universiade taking place in the ancient city of Kazan (part of which is a UNESCO World Heritage site) in July.  St Basil's Cathedral, Moscow, by night

RRG Archive - scroll by date, from 2024 to 2010

Show more