Skip to main content

Live feed - Russian Nationals - live now (6 am London time)

Please find the live feed on the Russian Gymnastics Federation site here http://www.sportgymrus.ru/press/news/7338/default.aspx

A timetable of events is available here.

The times are currently 3 hours ahead of Western Europe, 4 if you are in London (thank you Alar).

Enjoy!!!

Comments

  1. Queen Elizabeth you should be crowned! Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!
    I am already wearing my tiara (less heavy than a crown).
    However, I think that the feed is now down due to weight of traffic.
    Trust the Russians to underestimate how much we love them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. actually it worked just fine for me. beautiful sets by Aliya, so glad to see her on all four events! No Mustafina dismount (but a double full was stuck nonetheless) on the bars and a little correction on the low bar, but aside from that a gorgeous routine. her beam was relatively simple, but so very clean. I had some technical difficulty when it came to her floor and since there was no music, I'm not sure whether she did a new routine.. it looked a bit different. her passes are still quite easy but the height is back! and also on the vault- I think she did two- Yurchenko and either a FTY or DTY I wasn't sure, because the angle was weird. Grishina fell twice but her floor was gorgeous. Well, the girls are taking it easy but they're definitely on the right track.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for update. I have been in a meeting so wouldn't have seen it anyway. Very glad to hear that Mustafina is doing so well. Will try to find results later on! Would you mind posting any information you hear?

    Thanks again. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I barely speak Russian, but here are the first three: Aliya Mustafina 59.something, Ksenia Afanasyeva 58.something, Anastasia Grishina 57.something. The competition has just come to a close. I didn't get a chance to see Afanasyeva's full floor due to a technical problem, but first two passes looked gorgeous. Strong bars and beam. Anna Pavlova did all four events cleanly, but with lack of difficulty. No sign of Nabieva. Belokobylskaya looked quite strong, but I didn't see too much of her. Same with Inshina.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i've already posted sooo much info on the IG forum (so go there for more info about the meet, also all results are on RGF) but i wanted to leave these links for videos here:

    http://www.youtube.com/user/DanyZ2012

    http://www.youtube.com/user/yannaGym

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you soooo much. I really appreciate your effort in posting this information here as soon as you can.

    I have put a post up now with the detailed results and videos. Keep reading and commenting.

    I'm so so pleased that Aliya is back. I was choking up earlier thinking of what it must have taken to recover.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mustafina, Melnikova and Afanasyeva - Russia’s three divas train together to the tunes of Michael Jackson

M elnikova, Mustafina and Afanasyeva take creative control at Round Lake.     You can see the video on Angelina Melnikova’s YouTube channel. They are discussing a new floor routine for Angelina; she wants to dance to Michael Jackson. Afanasyeva, 2012 Olympic medalist and a world champion on the floor, has been a choreographer for the national team for a few years now.    She says, ‘Gel, first we need to understand the plan—what we’re actually doing.’ They discuss how many tumbles Angelina will perform, and where the tumbles will come in the routine.    Angelina says, she likes ‘Billie Jean’, it’s her favourite … But Afanasyeva has other ideas, linking into the dance shapes she has seen in a video: ‘Thriller . Start with  Thriller . It begins with that image, right from the beginning when it starts.’    She shows us the dance. ‘I suggest taking a 1.5-minute or 1-minute segment of the dance directly.’ They promise to be in touch by email. ...

Andrei Rodionenko explains Russia's performance at Worlds - Lupitatranslates

Rodionenko with European Champion David Belyavski  Courtesy RGF/Elena Mikhailova This is the interview that many people on the internet have already commented on, regarding Andrei Rodionenko's alleged racism.  The original, Russian language version, appears on VTB Bank's website (VTB are sponsors of Russian gymnastics).  It takes cleverer people than me to decide what is racism, what is deliberately perjorative, and what is inferred in an interviewer's question.  For now, I will not comment on this, therefore, but I would ask you to read Lupita's translation carefully before you form your own opinion.   I am providing some links below which might help you to decide where you stand. Definition of racism Definition of sexism BBC Sport article by Matthew Syed : Is it wrong to note that 100m winners are always black?            Updated 24/10 CSKA Moscow: UEFA opens racist chants case         ...

Simone and the others - results and reflections

In the end, it was as predicted : Simone and the others, with Simone's teammate, Alexandra Raisman, providing the back up.  I do not need to point out that, by definition, the Americans are scoring significantly higher marks than the rest of the field.  Congratulations to them! Aliya Mustafina finished in third place.  The 2012 bronze medalist led the competition after vault and uneven bars, but had a very nervous outing on beam that might have taken a less experienced gymnast out of the medals.  A bravura performance on floor brought Aliya back though to confirm her third place all around.  From her senior debut in 2010 to today, Mustafina has continuously set high standards of grace.    It is the first time since 2000 that a gymnast (Amanar) has medalled in the all around at two consecutive Olympics, and  if Aliya can medal on Saturday's uneven bars final, she will once again be Russia's biggest medal winner of the women's gymnastics.  Russ...

RRG Archive - scroll by date, from 2024 to 2010

Show more