Skip to main content

Cottbus gymnastics - Day 1 qualification results


Some nice results from the Russia men and women :-).  You will be able to follow the second day of qualis on the DTB live ticker tomorrow, Friday, from 4 pm Germany time at http://cottbus-2014.dtb-liveticker.de.   Gymnastike has videos http://www.gymnastike.org/coverage/251491-2014-Cottbus-World-Cup. On Saturday and Sunday only (finals), both days at 2 pm Germany time, there should be live streaming available here http://www.schawa.tv/dtb-tv#&panel1-1&panel2-1

It is a strong field, especially the men (see my earlier post for details of the Russians competing, or you can check out the full working order here http://www.turnier-der-meister.de/news/home.php).

I'm looking forward to seeing all the Russians this weekend, but especially young Maria Kharenkova, who to me has the uncluttered look of a fighter.  But we'll just have to wait and see.










Comments

  1. I think live streaming begins at 2 pm CET on both days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment. Yes - today (Friday) live streaming begins at 4; Saturday and Sunday it begins at 2.

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Simone and the others - results and reflections

In the end, it was as predicted : Simone and the others, with Simone's teammate, Alexandra Raisman, providing the back up.  I do not need to point out that, by definition, the Americans are scoring significantly higher marks than the rest of the field.  Congratulations to them! Aliya Mustafina finished in third place.  The 2012 bronze medalist led the competition after vault and uneven bars, but had a very nervous outing on beam that might have taken a less experienced gymnast out of the medals.  A bravura performance on floor brought Aliya back though to confirm her third place all around.  From her senior debut in 2010 to today, Mustafina has continuously set high standards of grace.    It is the first time since 2000 that a gymnast (Amanar) has medalled in the all around at two consecutive Olympics, and  if Aliya can medal on Saturday's uneven bars final, she will once again be Russia's biggest medal winner of the women's gymnastics.  Russ...

Viktoria Komova - apology

Viktoria wrote some hasty words last night in the heat of the moment.  We all have such times, when hurt feelings lead us to behave uncharacteristically.  It is not important what she said; it is important that Vika has reflected and wants us all to read this message which she published on VK.com this morning. "Dear friends! I want to apologize for my statements about American girls, about drugs, all my words were spoken on emotions. Of course I haven't any proof and didn't really mean it and so on... I am so sorry. I want to apologize for my character to all of you". Vika, we are still with you every step of the way.

Russia defend team silver medal in Rio

It was an emotional performance and an emotional reaction at the end - but Russia is now second in the world in both MAG and WAG! The team did well, exploiting its strengths on bars and vault, and holding its own on beam.  Seda Tutkhalyan really showed her maturity and mettle with an almost perfect showing on beam and a solid, if not faultless, display on floor.  Maria Paseka did her best ever Amanar vault.  Aliya Mustafina ... was Mustafina.  Taking her fifth Olympic medal here, she scored over 60 in the AA.   The best work did come from the 2012 veterans, although Seda on beam and Daria on bars do have that special mark of Russian innovation and skill.  Angelina Melnikova looked perhaps a little overwhelmed at times - though I personally love her emotion - but this was only her first Olympics and I am certain she will be back for more.  Should she have had her personal coach on the floor with her?  It might have given her more assurance.  I...

RRG Archive - scroll by date, from 2024 to 2010

Show more