Skip to main content

BBC Television coverage of the Antwerp World Gymnastics Championships 2013


If, like me, you aren't part of the Antwerp action in person, I'm sure you will want to be there virtually, and to schedule your viewing time ... so hoorah for British Gymnastics, who have confirmed the BBC's timetable of coverage of the Antwerp World Championships.  Get out your diaries and block off your favourite sessions for some serious gymnastics.

Thursday 3rd October

BBC Online 19.00-22.00 BST  - Live men`s all-around

Friday 4th October

BBC Two 13.00-15.00 BST – Highlights of the Men`s all-around

BBC Three 19.00-21.00 BST  Live women`s all-around

Saturday 5th October

Red Button/Online 13.30-14.25 - Live men`s floor and women`s vault

BBC One 14.30-16.30 BST – Live men`s pommel/uneven bars and rings + h`lights floor/vault

Sunday 6th October

BBC Two  13.30-16.30 BST – Live apparatus finals.

This is correct at time of publishing, but you should make sure to check your usual sources closer to the transmission time.  I have heard that there is also some radio coverage (!), which I'll update you on as soon as I hear and I'll keep you informed of any changes I hear about closer to the time.

Comments

  1. Do you think everything (or at least the main channel coverage) will end up on iplayer? I'm moving into new university accommodation that week (literally on the 2nd) and I have no idea what my TV/TV license setup is going to be. Obviously instead of meeting people and making new friends I'm going to spend my first week of postgraduate studies locked in my room watching gymnastics / openly hogging the TV and refusing to speak to anyone while my favourites are up.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Virtual tour of Lake Krugloye

Ksenia from Russia wrote to me as follows : 'I decided to write about a little update on this site .  Suddenly you do not know but you may be interested in "The virtual gym" where you can see the training center for gymnastics at the "Round Lake" A very interesting thing if you want to look into what's inside.' She is right - it is fascinating - with tours of both the men's and women's gyms, pictures of the coaches and gymnasts, and all the different areas, including a reception with displays of awards and the rehabilitation and recovery facilities.  Take some time to click on the arrows and try out all of the different features.  It is in Russian but the tools are reasonably intuitive and if you have a basic grasp of the Cyrillic alphabet you can make sense of the whole. Scrolling round the panorama makes me feel a little bit dizzy and also gives a slightly distorted perspective to some of the views, which I think is a characteristic...

Simone and the others - results and reflections

In the end, it was as predicted : Simone and the others, with Simone's teammate, Alexandra Raisman, providing the back up.  I do not need to point out that, by definition, the Americans are scoring significantly higher marks than the rest of the field.  Congratulations to them! Aliya Mustafina finished in third place.  The 2012 bronze medalist led the competition after vault and uneven bars, but had a very nervous outing on beam that might have taken a less experienced gymnast out of the medals.  A bravura performance on floor brought Aliya back though to confirm her third place all around.  From her senior debut in 2010 to today, Mustafina has continuously set high standards of grace.    It is the first time since 2000 that a gymnast (Amanar) has medalled in the all around at two consecutive Olympics, and  if Aliya can medal on Saturday's uneven bars final, she will once again be Russia's biggest medal winner of the women's gymnastics.  Russ...

Viktoria Komova - apology

Viktoria wrote some hasty words last night in the heat of the moment.  We all have such times, when hurt feelings lead us to behave uncharacteristically.  It is not important what she said; it is important that Vika has reflected and wants us all to read this message which she published on VK.com this morning. "Dear friends! I want to apologize for my statements about American girls, about drugs, all my words were spoken on emotions. Of course I haven't any proof and didn't really mean it and so on... I am so sorry. I want to apologize for my character to all of you". Vika, we are still with you every step of the way.

RRG Archive - scroll by date, from 2024 to 2010

Show more